The aim of Family Matters is to prevent homelessness. It assists families at risk of losing their housing to maintain their current accommodation. Family Matters also works with families to improve housing, financial, and family stability.Services Include:
- with budgeting, including arranging payment plans for bills and debts
- to contact Centrelink, other government agencies or specialist services
- to build on the family's strengths
- to manage and prevent future stress
- with possible limited financial assistance
It is a free service.
The service is available to adults who have dependent children (under the age of 18) and who live in the Launceston suburbs with postcodes 7248, 7249, 7250. Children do not have to be living with parents in order for the family to be eligible.
Adults can self-refer by calling the 1800 number.
How to Contact:
Phone: 1800 243 234
Other Phone: 44444444
Fax: 03 6333 3010
122 Elizabeth Street
Launceston, TAS, 7250
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm
Parking, Ground Floor, Wheelchair