Legal Aid Commission Of Tasmania
- Legal representation for children's disputes subject to our means and merits tests. Please visit our website for further information on our guidelines on eligibility for Legal Aid. You may have to pay a contribution towards your legal fees if you are eligible for a grant of legal aid.
- A Family Dispute Resolution Program is provided for all suitable children's disputes. The parties attend a FDR conference with their solicitors, chaired by a legally trained FDR Practitioner, to mediate an agreement in the best interests of their children.
- Free legal advice during normal business hours on our 1300 366 611 legal advice line.
- Free face-to-face legal advice at our clinics. Please contact your nearest Legal Aid office to find out what day and time the clinics are held in your area. Please note that the Hobart Office is the only office that is able to advise on civil matters.
- Our Safe at Home Lawyers may be able to advise and assist if you require a Family Violence Order or changes to an order protecting you. Please contact the 1300 366 611 legal advice line or your nearest Legal Aid Office for further information.
- Legal Aid has Duty Lawyers in the Family Court and Magistrates Court who are able to provide limited assistance and advice to self-represented and unrepresented litigants.
- Legal Aid provides seminars to groups and associations on all aspects of family law. Please call 1300 366 611 if you wish to book a seminar.
- There are a number of fact sheets on our website that may assist separating families.
How to Contact:
Phone: 03 6236 3800
Other Phone: 1300 366 611
Fax: 03 6236 3811
158 Liverpool Street
Hobart, TAS, 7000
GPO Box 1422 Hobart, 7001.