Hobart City Mission
Hobart City Mission (HCM) has been serving the people of Southern Tasmania for over 165 years. This has only been made possible through the generosity of our supporters and volunteers.
Established in 1852, HCM was the first City Mission in Australia and is the third oldest Mission in the world. HCM offers assistance to those who need it most in the Southern Tasmanian community by providing emotional, physical and financial support and guidance. We pride ourselves on finding innovative programs and services that empower people and enable them to participate in community life with a sense of dignity, purpose and self-reliance.
- Welfare & Community Services – Emergency Relief, Integrated Family Support Service (accessed through the Gateway), Professional Counselling, Financial Counselling and generalised case management
- Family Support & Accommodation Services – Hobart City Mission is a member of Housing Connect and has a number of properties operating as transitional support accommodation, we also have a Supported Housing program for men over 55 at risk in the community;
- Outreach & Chaplaincy – Prison Chaplaincy, School Chaplaincy;
- Disability Services – Support Coordination and Home Support Programs as an accredited provider of NDIA;
- Housing Programs – Accommodation and support is provided for young mums and kids through our Small Steps Program, and for dads and their kids through our DIY Dads Program;
- Group Homes Living - Community Houses.
Whilst some of the above programs are outreach, others are available at our offices located in Hobart and Moonah.
How to Contact:
Contact: Hobart City Mission friendly reception staff
Phone: 03 62154200
Fax: 03 6231 0514
50 Barrack Street
Hobart, TAS, 7000
50 Barrack St, HOBART 7000
Mon - Fri 8.30am – 5pm