Anglicare Tasmania Inc
Financial counsellors provide a free, independent and confidential service on the phone or face to face. They
have an extensive knowledge of a range of areas of law and policy, including consumer credit law, debt enforcement practices, the bankruptcy regime, industry hardship policies and government concession frameworks.
- options when dealing with debt
- negotiating with creditors
- consumer rights and responsibilities
- accessing superannuation
- bankruptcy and its alternatives
- referral to legal services if appropriate
- community education sessions about any finance related issue for any community-based organisation wishing to empower its members and clients
Any individual or family who is experiencing financial difficulty is eligible to use this service.
Face to face financial counselling is available in Hobart and Glenorchy.
Counsellors also make regular visits to Huonville, Sorell, Bridgewater, Rokeby, New Norfolk, and in Tasmanian prisons.
DownloadsFinancial Services Brochure
How to Contact:
Phone: 1800 007 007
Fax: 03 6213 3550
18 Watchorn Street
Hobart, TAS, 7001
GPO Box 1620, Hobart 7001
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm
Parking, Ground Floor, Wheelchair access