Anglicare Tasmania Inc
Financial counsellors provide a free, independent and confidential service on the phone or face to face. They have an extensive knowledge of a range of areas of law and policy, including consumer credit law, debt enforcement practices, the bankruptcy regime, industry hardship policies and government concession frameworks.Services Include:
- options when dealing with debt
- negotiating with creditors
- consumer rights and responsibilities
- accessing superannuation
- bankruptcy and its alternatives
- referral to legal services if appropriate
- facilitating community education sessions about any finance related issue, for any community-based organisation wishing to empower its members and clients.
Any individual or family who is experiencing financial difficulty is eligible to use this service.
Face to face financial counselling is available in Launceston.
Counsellors also make regular visits to George Town, Scottsdale, Exeter/Beaconsfield, Ravenswood, West Tamar, St Marys, St Helens and Deloraine
DownloadsFinancial Services Brochure
How to Contact:
Contact: Financial Counselling Helpline
Phone: 1800 007 007
Fax: 03 6333 3010
122 Elizabeth Street
Launceston, TAS, 7250
Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm
Parking, Ground Floor, Wheelchair